I can’t keep track of how many times I’ve begun reading a Kindle book by a self-published author and the formatting made the book nearly impossible to read. Some authors who’ve never even used a Kindle device convert their own books or run their file through a free online converter and the results are simply terrible. Still, others don’t know how to format their book. If that’s you, or maybe you just would like to save some time, then let me do it for you.
I will take your Word file .doc or .docx file and convert it for upload on Kindle Direct Publishing, as well as make you an ePub file ready for upload on iBooks, Nook, Kobo, etc… as well as a PDF interior file ready for Print-On-Demand sites like CreateSpace, KDP Print, Ingram Spark, etc…
Please note, this is for ebook formatting services in particular. If you would also like a nice interior print-ready file as well, please say so when reaching out to me in the form below for a quote. If you only require an ebook, please say so. I will give you a quote according to what you’re asking of me.
Your final file in ePub (for Nook, Kobo, iBooks, and others) and Mobi (for Kindle) will contain:
- A clickable Table of Contents.
- Flowable text and images that adapt to any device dimensions
- Clickable Footnotes/Endnotes if your book contains them
- Clickable links if your book contains them
- Correct page/section breaks as per how fluid text mobi/epub files work
Your Final Ebook file will NOT have:
- Page numbers as pages are not defined like a printed book. Mobi and ePub files are a continual fluid text document and not a fixed text document with pages like a print book.
- I also do not include any “pull quotes” in the ebook as those almost never look nice in ebooks. Save the fancy stuff for your print book, in which case when I do them, I usually do them the same way as I insert images
- Specialty fonts as ebooks only support a few specific fonts, and the reader chooses how the book looks on their e-reader device or app
Instructions Upon Payment
When payment is successfully received, I will need from you a Word file (NOT a PDF!) of your final manuscript and a JPEG or PNG of your cover. I’m working on a link with a video visual aid (pictures and GIF files) to help answer some of the questions most authors tend to have about and/or during the formatting process that will put your mind at ease when you see some things in your ebook that you may think are errors but really aren’t.
Upon receiving the files from you, I will get started and personally communicate with you within 48 hours through the e-mail address you used to send me your files.
If I am unable to send you your converted book in that period of time I will communicate with you about any anticipated delays.
- If your book has many images, please send me an e-mail first and we will see if I can convert them well for your needs. Every time I’ve done an image-heavy book, it’s taken me longer than usual (and I’ll ask for up to double my normal rate). Often time the authors aren’t satisfied with the results and ask multiple revisions, hence it takes me much more time. Please don’t tell me your book “only has a few images”, and THEN send it to me allowing me to find out there’s, like, over 20. I will simply increase the price of my service in my final invoice if that happens.
- If you’re using images in your book, make sure you own the copyright or have a license to use them before hiring me to format the book. It is not my responsibility to find and download the images for you.
- This service is for formatting. I do not design covers or provide one.
- You are reminded to double-check to make sure you have no mistakes in your text and that you are submitting your final draft before purchasing this order. I do not provide editing with this service. I am working to turn this around to you as quickly as possible, so I don’t read the material closely. I usually work with manuscripts that have been edited professionally and are ready to go to print and on Amazon
- As a minister living in Peru, I often have legit reasons for not responding quickly OR sometimes circumstances beyond my control keep me from responding as quickly as I’d like, such as periods where I’m without internet access for days at a time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- This service is for formatting. I do offer anything else other than formatting the file into ebook and/or print. The author is responsible for obtaining their own ISBN, cover, etc… anything else you may wish I do for you will be billed as extra.
Terms and Conditions of this Service:
- I will provide unlimited revisions only if the mistake(s) is/are my own fault. If you request changes after the conversion has already been completed and sent to you, you will be expected to make it worth my while. Again, I DO NOT PROVIDE EDITING SERVICES with this service.
- Refunds will only be issued if asked before I have begun the work. No refunds will be issued if work has already been started, and certainly not after having already provided you the converted files in a zip file and sent them to you
- As a Christian, I have an open mind about formatting anything an author may pay for whether it conforms to my beliefs or not. However, under no circumstance will I format erotica or anything that condones and promotes illegal activity or racism.
- For first time customers, I will not start the project until I’ve received payment. No exceptions.
- For urgently needed conversions, I’m motivated to send you back your book in less than 24 hours (ie. the same day) if you leave a generous tip in addition to the quoted price prior to starting on this project.
- I’m flexible with payment options for recurring customers only.
- Again, when contacting me, please advise me if your project has a lot of endnotes/footnotes. This aspect of the conversion is done manually so as to make sure each one is a proper clickable link. The more notes there are to convert, the longer it can take and as a result, it impacts my asking price.
- If you’re on a shoestring budget, you’re better off finding someone else to do the formatting. You can save yourself some time by spending money or save your money by spending your time. I’m here to help you with the time-saving and having a kick-butt ebook and print file.
- PLEASE BE HONEST WITH ME FROM THE BEGINNING about your book’s needs, its deadline, how many images and endnotes you may require, etc. I can’t keep track of how many times an author has told me “it only has a few pictures“, and in the end, it was more like 30. Or they say there are only a dozen footnotes, but in actuality, there’s 200. These aspects cause me to take longer to complete your book. Knowing ahead of time exactly what I’m working on, I charge accordingly and can provide it within the timeframe I say I will.
I set my pricing based on the following:
- Careful attention to detail
- The time it takes to repeatedly review your book on both my Kindle Paperwhite, Fire Tablet, iPhone app, etc…
- The time it takes to answer your particular questions back and forth in our emails
- My experience (re: years) as a formatter, self-published author and writing coach
- My guarantee that you are satisfied with the final results.
- How long your book is and how complicated the project will be.
If you want it done cheaply, you “get what you pay for” and I’m sure you can find someone else to do it (i.e. save time by spending money or save money by spending time).
If you want your e-book formatting done excellently, then I’m ready when you are!
If you think we’d be a good fit and are looking forward to having your book look like it was formatted by a traditional publisher, then send me the required info below for a quote.
Blessings to you!